Featured image source: http://thepaleofactory.com/
There! In your bowl! It’s seaweed... It’s a nut… It’s a seed… No, it’s a superfood!
It’s no secret we’re constantly looking for healthier substitutes and supplements to get the most out of our meals. And we’re constantly hearing about the “next big thing” in the superfood universe – MOST RECENTLY, COCKROACH MILK. And if these help you increase your prowess in the bedroom, that’s just an added bonus ;).
Here’s a rundown of out favourite superfoods and how to use their properties in the boudoir and more:
- Known as the ‘Fountain of Youth,’ due to its high content of beta-carotene. This excellent source of anti-oxidants and Vitamin C benefits is low in calories and fat. These red berries increase testosterone production, which stimulates sex drive, automatically enhancing overall mood and wellbeing.
– ‘Nature’s Multivitamin.’ Which is basically found in the sea. You definitely need more spirulina in your life! Contains plenty of iron and natural chemical PEA, which boosts brainpower, mental focus and production of serotonin. Known to increase your libido, the Vitamin B12 in this green superfood helps regulate your metabolism too. You can find this mega-rich superfood in a number of juices available online or in stores.
– Packed with Omega 3, fibre and calcium, enhances brain function and is an answer to the question, how to reduce cholesterol. Not only does it aid in weight loss, but also boosts your immune system and makes you happier. The perfect amount of fibre to get your intestines cleaner instantly - Find this in this pineapple, pear mix or a watermelon mint mix. Pick the one you like best.
– The raw form of chocolate contains more than 300 nutritional components, rich in antioxidant extracts. Known to be a natural aphrodisiac, it’s considered a ‘happy food,’ good for cheering you up.
- Nuts in general contain high levels of fatty acids, which are key to the production of hormones. They are rich in fibre and protein and a key to the query, how to control blood pressure creating a feeling of fullness and this one in particular is a “passion-inducing” nut. Almonds boosts brain activity and regulate mood swings. Go nuts (pun intended) over a cold pressed juice where you can now devour dessert in a bottle (Almond milk and nothing else.. well except for a dash of cinnamon)
- The King of Nuts has a unique combination of fatty acids having a profound positive effect on health and is also an ideal component of a diet for weight loss and has properties that improve brain functioning. If not shot down straight to the digestive tract, it’s turned into ketones that have therapeutic effects on brain disorders. Coconuts improve and increase sexual desire due to their high levels of antioxidants, which helps combat free radicals.
- One of the world’s healthiest foods, this leafy specimen deserves a place in the Superfood Hall of Fame because it contains more iron than beef, more calcium than milk and twice the Vitamin C of an orange. It is also high in fibre, keeping you full and satiated for a long time. Its anti-inflammatory properties and omega 3 helps fight diseases. You can easily incorporate it into your diet with a cold pressed juice.
In modern life, problems such as stress, lack of sleep and other health issues cause hormonal fluctuations that lead to a reduced sex drive. So while you get healthy, amp up the spice in your life too.