Granola is one of the simplest yet most fibrous snack/ breakfast foods you could get your mitts on. Not only does it have a great ~mouthfeel ~ because of the crunchy texture, but also makes for a great munchy. It’s healthy, it’s vegan, part of a low carb diet and we’re going to come right out and say it, it’s a godsend. But in saying that when you get them directly from a packet, it loses its “god-send-ness” and gets sent off to the processed foods category. So if you really want to reap the benefits of a wholesome hearty bowl of granola, you’re going to have you DIY it. Yep, there’s no going around it. But wait up, before your lazy side kicks in, it’s simple AF and yummy as hell.
What you’re going to need:
- 2 And ½ Cups Of Oats
- ¾ Cups Of Slivered Almonds
- ½ Teaspoon Of Cinnamon
- Pinch Of Salt
- ½ Cup Of Maple Syrup
- ¼ Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- ¼ Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1-Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
How you’re going to do it:
- Preheat your oven to 150 C. Line your baking tray with butter or parchment paper.
- Toss the oats, almonds, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk the maple syrup and coconut oil together until combined. Whisk in the almond and vanilla extracts. Pour over the oats and toss to coat. Make sure all of the oats are moistened.
- Spread the mixture onto the baking tray and bake for 45 minutes, but don’t forget to toss every 15 minutes (you can watch some Netflix in the middle, we’re not judging).
- After the baking is done baking, your granola won’t have the crunch factor yet. Don’t get your pants in a bunch, it hasn’t failed, you just need to air it out so it gets that bite, that crunch. So you’ve gots to let it cool.
- Store this in an air tight container and it’ll last for about 3 weeks and if you freeze it, it’ll last upto 3 months. Air tight though is the major key here.
Voilà, it’s ready. Yep, you can call yourself a Masterchef.
Add this to Greek yogurt, mix it with milk as cereal, make muffins, or use it as dessert with some sliced fruit. Basically go HAM with this granola and you’re going to have an absolutely rager with it.