Worried about your and your baby’s nutrition during pregnancy? Juices got you!
While pregnancy is a wonderful journey, it’s also a period when a lot of things are supposed to be taken care of, and they come with restrictions and warning notes. Nutrition is one of them. Proper nutrition is vital for both, the mother and the development of the baby, especially when the post-pandemic situation requires us to be healthier, stronger, and more resilient.
Apart from satisfying your food cravings, it is also necessary for you to fulfil the real needs of your body, which are a considerable number of nutrients and hydration. These needs increase during pregnancy as your body is supposed to supply all of this not just to you, but also channel it to your baby.
Raw fruits and vegetables are the best sources to obtain these necessary nutrients. Studies show that fruits and vegetables, when consumed raw, may transfer a maximum of their nutrients to your body.
Drinking healthy fruit, vegetable, or blended juices is a great addition to your pregnancy diet. So, here are some nutrient-rich juice recommendations with their innumerable benefits:
List of 6 Best Juices for Pregnancy
1. Pomegranate Juice
Pomegranate benefits in pregnancy: Pomegranate juice, a.k.a ‘The Antioxidant Powerhouse’ has a number of benefits.
- Pomegranate juice to help in foetal brain development.
- Pomegranate Juice can help increase the endurance of the mother.
- It promotes foetal immunity.
- Rich in iron which may help form foetal blood.
- Rich folic acid content.
2. Apple Juice
They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away. Here are some amazing benefits of consuming apple juice during pregnancy –
- Helps prevent sleeping disorders.
- Good source of iron, which boosts hemoglobin.
- May aid in the reduction of cholesterol levels.
- Good for digestion as it’s rich in fibre.
3. Carrot Juice
Carrot juice boast a host of benefits for pregnant women like –
- Can help prevent high blood pressure and pre-eclampsia.
- Rich in vital vitamins and minerals like vitamins A and C.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Helps in bone and teeth development of the foetus.
4. Orange Juice
Everyone’s favourite Orange Juice is also great for consumption during pregnancy. This is because it’s –
- Rich in Vitamin C, iron, zinc, and folic acid.
- Boosts immunity and good digestive health.
- Can help regulate blood pressure levels.
- May aid in the development of the foetus’ brain.
5. Beetroot Juice
Consuming beetroot juice is also advised during pregnancy. Beetroot juice is known to be –
- It’s rich in Vitamin A and Iron.
- Provides energy that can help overcome fatigue.
- May prevent anaemia.
- May help ward off pregnancy constipation due to the fibre content.
6. Lemon Juice
Tangy, zesty lemon juice is also one amongst the juices that’s advised to be consumed during pregnancy. It has many benefits, like it’s-
- Rich in antioxidants.
- Can help subside morning sickness.
- Common infections like flu, common cold, and certain types of fever are said to be prevented by regular lemon water intake.
- Helps in constipation & indigestion, which are common during pregnancy.
All expecting mamas, we hope you have a safe pregnancy, filled with many special moments! But pregnancy also comes with a very hectic schedule where you need more of everything—nutrients, care, energy, and fluids. Juices tend to all these requirements while also being extremely tasty.
In the case you can’t find time in your day to juice or need some extra rest, you can always check out RAW Pressery Juices. We also offer a blend of fruit and vegetable juices which are best suited together and pair well. You can check out Life, Flush and Lean.
PLEASE NOTE – Each person’s tolerance and requirements may differ. Hence, we recommend that you consult your nutritionist or physician before consuming juices for the right measure of consumable quantities, individual health conditions, and food allergies or restrictions.
For more information on the Major Yoga Principles and Benefits, go here.